Halloween Paper Flower Wreaths

Ok so here is the story of these wreaths. I actually made them last year...well mostly. But never got to put them up.

So these wreath initially took me about a month and over 800 flower pieces to complete. I had to deal with them ending up infested with crickets while paint was drying and the sadness of not seeing them up because our front doors were unworthy of them...lol.  But they are all done now. (oh the crickets so in Vegas we get tons of crickets and we were late on our bug spraying and I left the vine wreath outside to dry after painting them and then when I got home at night they were full of crickets. Luckily the next day since it was so hot they were all gone.)
(Finished piece at the bottom of this post)
So just a quick tutorial on how I made these.
I took a grapevine wreath I purchased at Michaels. Spray painted the entire thing black. Took a couple coats to get in all the grooves and holes.  So that was my base prep.



Sorry not pics of the spraying. I do suggest a Primer and Paint combo to make the job easier.

Next I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Flower die and DCWV's Fall & Halloween Stack 2013?
I can't find my stack at the moment but I believe it is last years stack.
And I cut over 800 flowers ( with the help of my mom,...thanks mom)

I then cut out the 800+ flowers
 I then shaped all the petals using a stylist and then hot glued them together in different configurations. I Added embellishments to some and hand cut pieces to fit better.
A little note on Tattered Florals, they were not made to be stacked so there is not right or wrong way to put them together.
Then I just started hot gluing all the flowers to the wreath.

I added a Burlap bow and wrapped a little with ribbon.
It's a Michaels roll of Halloween Chevron Burlap Ribbon,
I added a little sign I got from the Target $1 section.
And here it is.
Oh and yes I made two of these since I have double doors.





Comments

Popular Posts